5. Actions. Authorization is completed by the issuance of a Courier Card or Letter of Authorization by the GSA Director of Personnel Security. The classified courier receives the original card or letter, and a copy is maintained by GSA’s Security Programs Branch. e.grams., local, CONUS), authorization expiration date, type of material authorized to carry (age.g., hard copy documents, DVD/CD, COMSEC equipment), and method of transportation (age.grams., personal or Government vehicle, taxi, bus, train).
Ahead of transporting classified question thru routes, the new GSA Director from Employees Coverage should provide most composed approval, just like the a lot more record and you can safety protocols apply whenever take a trip via routes.
Note: The fresh new COMSEC movie director and you can Solution COMSEC director would be the simply GSA staff signed up to help you approve the brand new issuance, elimination, and/otherwise transport from COMSEC equipment.
a. Preparation of classified issue (never to become classified It equipment). Classified information shall be transmitted and received in an authorized manner which ensures that evidence of tampering can be detected, that inadvertent access can be precluded, and that provides a method which assures timely delivery to the intended recipient.
(step 1) File transmittal acknowledgment. A GSA document transmittal sheet must be completed prior to transporting any classified material from one location to the next. In the event a security incident occurs while in transit, such as when a package is lost, the document transmittal sheet will provide a record of the materials transported. The courier will complete the document transmittal receipt and provide a signed copy to the designated SSM, prior to packaging the classified document. The document transmittal receipt is unclassified and provides contact information for the sender and recipient, a sument that is being transported (note: the summary cannot contain any classified information), and instructions for the recipient to provide receipt of the document once the document has been transported. The original document transmittal receipt is maintained by the SSM or COMSEC manager, as appropriate, for tracking/record keeping purposes.
1. Attach the appropriate level cover sheet [Standard Form (SF) 70step three – Top Secret; SF 70cuatro – Secret; SF 705 – Confidential, or SCI coversheet] to the face of the classified documents.
dos. Annotate the full address of the intended recipient, the full return address of the sender, the name of the intended recipient, and the sender.
A copy is positioned in the outer envelope, and you will, if questioned, a copy is perfect for the newest person and you may/or classified courier to keep because of their individual info
5. Seal the envelope with reinforced tape of such strength and durability as to provide security protection, prevent items from breaking through the package, and permit detection or evidence of tampering.
2. Place the sealed inner envelope inside the outer envelope. Annotate full address of the intended recipient and full address of the sender. Intended recipients shall only be included by names of an attention line.
Defense logs from GSA employees registered to hold classified point try managed by the Shelter Programs Part and include: new employee’s identity, category level of issue signed up become transmitted, the new agreement issuance time, issuance period of time, area off travelling (
3. Seal the envelope with reinforced tape of such strength and durability as to provide security protection, prevent items sugardad.com sugar daddies US from breaking through the package, and permit detection or evidence of tampering.
4. For local transportation of classified materials, a locked briefcase or similar type of locking enclosure may serve as the outer envelope. The key must be removed from the briefcase during the transportation. The briefcase must have a nametag or other marking that denotes where the briefcase should be returned if found.